Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rest in Peace Maya Angelou

I have recently learned that Maya Angelou, a woman of amazing poetic talent and inspiring presence, has passed on from this world. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not as familiar with her work as a person of my interests should be, but in this moment I am thinking that that is likely true of most of us.

This is a woman who saw the America that we live in today take shape from a backward nation of racial segregation to a more enlightened age of greater racial balance. Moreover, she overcame many other hardships that are terrible even to think about let alone experience. But, what I find to be most inspirational about this woman is that despite all of that and in an age when both African-Americans and women in general were widely discriminated against, she found an inner strength not only merely to endure, but also to thrive and achieve a level of fame commensurate with her amazing talent.

It is my firm belief that if we all could tap into a fraction of the overwhelming spiritual strength that she possessed in our own lives, then this world would not have any choice but to become better through the community of spiritual consensus. So, I implore all of the people who read this to go to Youtube and really listen to her works so that we can all commune with her message collectively and just maybe find the inspiration to make this world even better than it was when we first came to it. She certainly made it so. 

http://youtu.be/Xs1Cjoq6U_Q

Labels: , , ,

Share on Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home