Reporter: Hello, I'm
Matthew Walters a right-wing conservative reporter with Channel 5
Action News at 6. I'm here on the scene with recent assault victim,
and my own sister, Samantha Walters. So, in your own words, what
happened miss?
Interviewee: Well, I
was just walking out of the gym, and this random guy ran up to me
punched me in the face, and ran off down the road before I could
react.
R: I see,
interesting. And do you think that it was your clothing that may have
lead to this act of violence against you?
I: What? I don't
know how that could be.
R: Well, you are
wearing the same clothing now that you had on during the crime, is
the correct?
I: Well, yes, but I
don't see...
R: Well, given what
you are wearing, it seems to me that you wanted to get punched in the
face.
I: What?! No, I
didn't!
R: Well you're not
wearing any sort of head gear that would have stopped a potential
assailant's fist, so clearly this must have been your fault. Did you
lead on the man in any other way prior to the incident?
I: What?! I didn't
lead him on in any way whatsoever!
R: But, everybody
knows that the most natural state of any man is to punch people in
the face. If you wore no sort of protective gear to prevent this
then, clearly you wanted it.
I: What?! That's
insane! I didn't want to get punched in the face! I didn't even know
the man who did it!
R: Again, that seems
to be poor judgment on your part. I mean you left the house this
morning without head gear of any sort on, and you're walking around
in unfamiliar places with random men looking like that (points to
head and lack of gear.) How can you expect not to get punched in
the face?
I: But, I walk
around all the time with a helmet or anything on, and I don't get
punched in the face.
R: So clearly,
living this precarious lifestyle has finally caught up with you. It's
a wonder that you've made it this long without being punched in the
face.
I: Look, Matt, I'm
really in pain here, and I don't have time to argue about whose fault
this is. You see my black eye. (She points to her blackened eye.)
I need to go to the hospital and get it treated.
R: Well, whose fault
is that? You know, if this were really a legitimate attack that you
didn't lead on in any way, then your body has a way of shutting down
the blood flow to the face and you wouldn't have a blackened eye that
you have to go to the doctor and take care of. Really, you're
just proving my point.
I: What? Look just
because you have a medical degree doesn't mean that you can make up
things that the body doesn't do.
R: I don't have a
medical degree.
I: I know. I just
wanted you to admit it out loud.
R: Really, isn't
this your own fault for being out this late anyway?
I: It's 10 in the
morning.
R: So, you've been
out all night?!
I: No. I left my
house at 8 am this morning.
R: Well there's the
problem leaving the house at all. And, how many drinks did you have
before this assault?
I: None. It's 10 in
the morning.
R: Fine. But you
were surely leading on your attacker, right?
I: I'd never seen
him before. It was a hit and run.
R: Right. But,
you were exiting the
gym. How do we know that you didn't punch yourself in the face and
claim that it was this
man just to get him
into trouble?
I:
Because, I don't know who it was. So, I'm not blaming anyone
specifically.
R:
So, you admit that you are on a crusade to tarnish the reputation of
men in general. How long have you had the goal of defaming the good
name of an entire gender?
I:
I'm...not...what?! (Looks confused)
R: Are you following
this man-hating agenda because you never learned how just to lie back
and enjoy being punched in the face like all women should?
I: No women learn
that.
R: And that's the
problem with America! If you had just taken that class they offered
in high school about wearing a riot helmet at all times and
frequently ducking out of the way, then this would never have
happened in the first place!
I: They never
offered any class like that! (Becomes noticeably agitated)
R: And you agree
with me that they should as evidenced by your anger. And, are you
also angry that our parents didn't take the time to educate you on
what kinds of face-punch proof clothing is appropriate to wear when
you are outside?
(At this point, a
Random Male Onlooker from the crowd walks up. I immediately becomes
noticeably agitated for some reason.)
RMO: Excuse me, I
saw what happened.
R: (pushes I out
of the way to make room in front of the camera for RMO): Yes,
sir. Can you tell us in what way this woman was leading on her
attacker to bring about this tragic happenstance?
RMO: Well, from what
I saw, it really all boils down to this roll of quarters that the
attacker dropped before he
ran off. (Holds a roll of quarters aloft in his hand for
both R and the camera.)
R:
(Studies roll of quarters intently trying to unlock the
mystery) And what do you think
that this has to do with the attack?
RMO: Well, you have to get
your eyes really close before you can see the reason clearly.
R:
(Draws slowly but surely closer to RMO's hand.)
What is it that I'm supposed to see?
RMO: You need to be a little
closer still.
R: (As if
mesmerized by what's in RMO's hand, he draws his face to within 2-3
inches from his hand.) What is it?
RMO: This! (Curls
fingers around the roll of quarters, punches R in the face, and runs
off away from the camera.)
R: (Falls to the
ground screaming.) OW! (various whimpers and yells of pain)
I: (Bends over to
pick up the microphone and places it to her mouth) Hmm...I think
that that was the original assailant. Well, I guess that this
reporter (points to the man crying on the ground) didn't
remember his station-issued head gear. (winks at camera) This
has been Samantha Walters with Channel 5 Action News at 6. Back to
you, George. (I drops microphone and bends down to wrap her
shoulders around R) Well, I guess that's what you get for leading
him on like that, dear. (I and R walk away from the camera while R
is still crying)
Labels: agenda, blaming, conservative, face, feminism, funny, justice, karma, metaphor, news, punch, rape, satire, victim
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home